Jan 17, 2017

Modern Day Parenting



Today morning, when I was standing at the bus stop to drop off my daughter, I realized it was freezing outside and she is not wearing her school blazer. Immediately, I got into a frenzied emergency mode ignoring the fact that she was already loaded with 3 sweaters…and it was definitely not cold enough for water to turn into ice! So practically speaking, she was safe!

But there I was all worked up!

‘Hey, Ishita, you must be feeling cold! I will run and get your blazer or my own coat.’ I spluttered anxiously. 

‘Mom, it’s cold but I am fine. You please relax!’

I took a deep breath to calm myself and asked her again in just short of 2 minutes, ‘Are you sure Ishita, you are not feeling cold!’ I must have sounded like a frantic mother whose child is stuck from neck below in the freezing snow of the Arctic, because Ishita gave me one of those warning looks that meant ‘Mom Please!!’

In an effort to divert my attention, I looked around and noticed that...

Read my full article on modern day parenting at The Art of Parenting @AkkarBakkar


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your views.....