Aug 6, 2016

A Traveller's Affair

I have travelled far and wide, and seen the unseen, experienced the thrills, imbibed the serenity, explored foreign streets. I have tasted the bitter-sweet pangs of loving and leaving a place. But still I am famished for more, to see and explore the unknown. Travelling, for me has always been like having a love affair, an affair with myriad places I have visited. Some chunks from my heart lay scattered all over those places. My only regret is I wished could have stayed a little longer, embraced them a little harder, explored some more nooks and corners and been more wanton. But it was always time to move on.

It's wishful thinking but someday I will go back to those old flames, those places where some part of me still resides. I will ignite my fading memories and once again imbibe and breathe the scents that had once enticed me. As for now, I have a home to keep, a house to run, a family to feed and some work that need to be done. But my travelling affairs has changed something deep inside me. I am a different person now after coming back. But as they say, the time moves on and so do we. 

This post has been written as part of #Barathon challenge, hosted by Blog-A-Rhythm. 
The prompt for today, August, 6th, 2016 is Wishful Thinking.



6 comments:

  1. Oh, I wish the same! I love travelling and exploring the world. We have wanderlust in common. That's really some wishful thinking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we wanderlust is the word for Traveller's aka explorers like us. Thanks for dropping by Vinodini.

      Delete
  2. There are some places where one visit is just not enough - for me it would be Rome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, Rome is indeed a great place to explore history. Thanks for dropping by Tulika.

      Delete
  3. Spoken like a true traveller. I too feel the same about the places I've visited. Loved reading about your affairs 😉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you liked the thoughts. Thanks Sulekha.

      Delete

I would love to hear your views.....