Today morning, when I was having my first cup of hot coffee, its revitalizing aroma made me gather the scattered
thoughts aromas in our lives which we usually take for
granted; but they sometimes bring a satisfactory smile on our faces, a
nostalgic pull in our hearts.
This is just to share some of my favorite aromas which often make me realize that I have a sense of smell too!
- First and foremost, invigorating aroma of freshly brewed coffee (especially in early winter mornings)
- Rusty smell of old books (which often make me want to get lost in an old dusty library)
- Inky smell of new books (makes me nostalgic, reminding me of school days when we used to get the new set of books for the new academic session)
- Aroma of bakery products in a small bakery shop (surely makes my stomach rumble!)
- Fresh smell of earth after the first rains (makes it hard to resist getting drenched in the rains)
- Muddled smell of impending dust storm
- Eerie, chilling smell in the historical monuments (especially the deserted ones)
- Earthen smell of water kept for long in a terracotta pot
- Misty smell of damp freshness in dense fog
- Moist smell of pine cones in the hills
- Soothing smell of incense sticks
- Last but not the least, mesmerizing, salty smell of sea in the air
Please feel free to add to this list of everlasting …..unforgettable…..AROMAS!