Dec 7, 2015

Alluring Aroma


Today morning, when I was having my first cup of hot coffee, its revitalizing aroma made me gather the scattered thoughts aromas in our lives which we usually take for granted; but they sometimes bring a satisfactory smile on our faces, a nostalgic pull in our hearts. 

This is just to share some of my favorite aromas which often make me realize that I have a sense of smell too!
  • First and foremost, invigorating aroma of freshly brewed coffee (especially in early winter mornings)
  • Rusty smell of old books (which often make me want to get lost in an old dusty library)
  • Inky smell of new books (makes me nostalgic, reminding me of school days when we used to get the new set of books for the new academic session)
  • Aroma of bakery products in a small bakery shop (surely makes my stomach rumble!)
  • Fresh smell of earth after the first rains (makes it hard to resist getting drenched in the rains)
  • Muddled smell of impending dust storm
  • Eerie, chilling smell in the historical monuments (especially the deserted ones)
  • Earthen smell of water kept for long in a terracotta pot
  • Misty smell of damp freshness in dense fog
  • Moist smell of pine cones in the hills
  • Soothing smell of incense sticks  
  • Last but not the least, mesmerizing, salty smell of sea in the air
Please feel free to add to this list of everlasting …..unforgettable…..AROMAS!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your views.....