Mar 9, 2010

What are YOU reading?

I just finished reading 'The Book Thief' by Marcus Zusak. A lot of thanks to www.friendsofbooks.com which has helped me reconnect with my first love- BOOKS! This book compelled me to thank GOD profusely, for all that he has given me in life. It is written in a metaphorical style with pictorial depictions. Death is the sole narrator here. The story is about the life of a young girl in the times of holocaust; about how this girl gets her motivation from “Words” written in a book she happens to steal. The book also encompasses a wider perspective about human feelings and thoughts in times of adversity. The writing style is very different; writer has used very short sentences which sometimes dip down the reader’s interest. But overall, it is a must read book at least once.
"If there's a book you want to read but it hasn't been written yet, then write it yourself" - Toni Morrison

1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    I liked your blog. I thought that we could do a few cross blog things.

    Would you be interested in reviewing my new book "Love, Peace and Happiness:What more can you want?"

    I could do an author interview on yours. I could also post your review on my fanpage referenced below which has more than 10,000 fans giving you a whole new set of visitors.

    Let me know if this makes sense for your blog.

    Rituraj Verma, author
    www.facebook.com/BookLPH
    www.riturajverma.com/blog
    email:riturajverma2005@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your views.....