Mar 2, 2010

Sweet (No)things!

We all keep running from morning till night doing mundane things and all the time trying to squeeze more hours in a day. Somehow the time and the energy don’t seem enough for whatever we want to do. But at the end of it all, we still find ourselves thirsty for more… and unhappy too! But have you ever wondered what do you actually want from life? What is that one thing which shall make you truly happy and contended?

You need to sit back and relax, close your eyes, look inward and ask yourself, ‘what is it that you truly want’. You’ll be surprised at the answer!!

It is the small things in life which make all the difference – A phone call from a school friend, a peck on the cheek by your spouse, the look of pride on your child’s face when you fix his toy, a tap on the head by your father, the warmth of a mother’s hug, gorging on your favourite dish, fitting into an old pair of jeans, reading a novel lying on the sofa with your legs on the sofa back, singing to yourself in the bathroom, cooking for family and friends, having a hot cup of coffee by the window-sill… the list is endless and shall vary from person to person. But what is certain is the fact happiness comes from these small things which we often overlook in order to achieve bigger things in life!

Life is a journey and not a destination. We need to live each day fully and make an effort to be happy...Believe me, it’s not that DIFFICULT!!

4 comments:

  1. I like this, "Life is a journey not a destination". Since it is such, it must be enjoyed to the fullest as we move on with our lives. Thanks for these nice thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Litamalicdem,
    Thanks for your comments. I'm glad that you liked my post.. see it takes so little to be Happy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it was in college where I had this epiphany where the last thing I wanted to think before I die was that I'm at peace with myself. From that point on I began working towards this goal of inner peace versus continuous warring with myself. Sometimes we are our worst critics and stand in our own way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Shelly,
    You're absolutely right. Sometimes we tend to over-analyse ourselves which leaves us in the middle of nowhere!!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your views.....